|OneMap Video Help|
Contact us: +65 6848 5266 or Write to us: email@example.com
|Tool Name||Description||Video Link|
"So where is it??"
Enter search text to find :
- Building name
- Postal code
- X,Y coordinates
- Enter 3 characters for suggestions.
- Select a suggestion to show location on map.
- Enter the desired search text and click on "Go" button, a popup window(widget) will open with search results starting with the searched text.
- Click on a search result to highlight it on map and double click to zoom in to the location on the map.
- Click on "More Results" link to display results containing the search text in the address.
"How do I get to this place?" - Enter From and To location.
- Enter 3 characters for suggestions. Select a suggestion to show location on map.
- Click on "Go" button to get the direction between From and To location.
- A route with step by step directions will appear.
- Click on any step to highlight the route segment on the map.
- Click on "reverse route" to reverse the route directions.
- Click on "entire route" link to get the entire route on the map.
- Click on "Let's drive" to traverse through the route.
- Click on "print route" to print the directions.
- Click on "clear route" to clear the route from map and close the widget.
Add more stops on the map
- Click up and down arrows to adjust the position of the stop.
- Click "x" to remove the stop.
- Click on the "Avoid ERP" to find a route without ERP gantry.
- CClick "Get Directions" to start routing.
- Click on add stops option and click on the map to add more stops
- Stops list will appear
- Click on Get Direction button to get the directions between the added stops on the map
- In case the system cannot find or is not sure of the To/From location, it will prompt you to confirm the stop location.
- Click on the correct location to confirm.
Themes On Map
"Where are all the museums?"
A Theme is collection of locations of government related services/facilities contributed and maintained by a partner agency e.g Libraries by National Library Board (NLB), Museums by National Heritage Board (NHB) etc.
- Select desired theme from the theme menu to display it on the map.
- Theme will displayed on the map and will be added in the visible theme list.
- Click on a displayed facility to see more information about it.
- At Singapore map extent (Level 1), only 100 locations will be shown. You may zoom in to an area to view data for that area. Total number of locations in the theme and locations currently shown on the map are displayed next to the theme.
- Click on the add theme option and select theme(s) from the list to display on the map.
- Selected theme will be displayed on the map and will be added in the "visible themes" list.
- Click on more info icon to see metadata and legend for the theme.
- Click on show/hide theme icon to show/hide theme on/from the map.
Bird's Eye View
"House hunting? Wanna revisit all the searched locations?"
- A pointer in the overview map window represents center of the currently displayed area on the base map.
- Click on the overview map or move the pointer to view that location on the base map. This is a fast way of navigating the map e.g. from East Singapore to West Singapore in just a click.
- Click on the pan tools (arrows around the overview map) to pan the base map to desired direction.
- Click on previous view or next view tools to revisit previously viewed locations. If you have searched 10 locations using "Find Location", you may revisit them using these tools.
"I hate searching for the same location every time!"
- Click on the Add bookmark option to add new bookmark.
- Enter a bookmark name and click on the Add bookmark button.
- Current map extent will be saved as bookmark and will be added in the bookmarks list.
- Click on bookmark from the list, map will be zoomed to the bookmarked location.
- Click on delete bookmark option to delete existing bookmark.
"Let�s meet here..." You may use these tools to add marker, line, polygon
and text on the map. You could print or share this with others later.
- Click on draw point tools.Select color, size and style and click on the map to draw a point on the map.
- Click on draw line tools.Select color and size (thickness) and click on different location on the map to draw a line on the map.
- Single click on the map to start drawing the line and double to end.
Draw Polygon: - Click on draw polygon tools.Select color and click on different location on the map to draw a polygon on the map.
- Single click on the map to start drawing the polygon and double to end. Display Text:- Click on the text tool, select color, size (font), enter text and click on the map.
- Text will be displayed on the map.
Clear last graphic:- Click on the clear last graphic tool to clear the last drawn graphic from the map.
Clear drawing:- Click on the clear drawing tool to clear all the graphics drawn on the map.
"So how far is it from my place?"
- Click on the measure distance tool, select distance unit and draw line on the map.
- Total length in the selected unit will be displayed along with the length of the last drawn segment. Measure area:
- Click on the measure area tool, select area unit, perimeter unit and draw polygon on the map.
- Total area and perimeter for the drawn polygon in selected units will be displayed.
"Same location, different view"
- The magnifier window works like a magnifying glass: as you pass the window over the data, you see a magnified view of the location under the window.
- Moving the window does not affect the current map display.
Your friend has shared map to you from 'OneMap'
"My friend, now you know where to meet and how to get there?"
1. Copy the maplink and share with others.
Click on the Query Ownership or Query Land lot button and click on map to make query.
"Who does this vacant land belong to?"
LandQuery is a free service that offers information on whether a plot of land is a state land, statutory board land or private land. Information on managing agent is also provided for state land.
1.Click on Query Land Ownership Button and click on map.
2.Click on Query Land lot and click on map.
3.Enter lot number and click on Search button.
SchoolQuery is a free service that allows users to search for schools or
buildings up to 2km away. This information is useful for property valuation,
enrolment for Pri 1 registration.
Search for schools near a building
- Click on Find Schools near a building button.
- Search for a building on the map and click it.
- Click on Reset button to clear the results
Search for buildings near a school
- Click on Find Buildings near a school button
- Select School from the dropdown list
- Click on Find button
- Click on Reset button to clear the results
"How do I overlay or create KML?"
- Click on 'Overlay KML' radio button.
- Enter the URL or click on 'Browse from directory' button.
- Select the file from your local directory and click on 'Overlay' button.
- Click on 'Create KML' radio button.
- Select geometry type from dropdown list.
- Click 'Add Feature' icon ( Add point, add line, add polygon).
- Click 'Edit Attributes' icon to modify name or description.
- Click 'Select Feature' icon to select the feature by dragging a rectangle on the map.
- Click 'Clear Selection' icon to clear selected features.
- Click 'Delete Feature' icon to delete selected features.
- Click 'Move Feature' icon to change the position of a feature by drag and drop.
- Click 'Save KML' button to save the KML file to desired directory.