Thank you for visiting this website (this "Site").
It is owned and operated by SLA (hereinafter referred to us "SLA", "we" or "us").
If you are interested in the material on the Site and you wish to use or start building your own Web Application(s) using the API and the Data for any commercial purpose, then you will need to complete the online registration process and as part of that process click to accept the terms of the Developer Agreement.
"API" means the mapping data application programming interface owned by or licensed to SLA to allow you to build experimental, innovative, web based applications using the Data.
"Code Snippets" means any snippets of computer code which we may provide to you on the Site which are designed to help you to explore and understand the functionality of the API and to support Registered Developers developing Web Application(s).
"Contents" means the Material and all other contents accessible by you in and from the Site.
"Data" means the mapping and other data owned by or licensed to SLA (as may be amended from time to time) which may be accessed and processed through and/or by the API and Web Applications.
"Example Applications" means the interactive example applications which we may make available on the Site for the purposes of illustrating the functionality and scope of the API and Data.
"Material" means all the material owned by or licensed to SLA which is published on the Site including, without limitation, Code Snippets, API and/or Data, frequently asked questions, tutorials and other method documentation relating to the Site.
"Registered Developer" means a user of the Site who has completed the online registration process and as part of that process has accepted the terms and conditions of the Developer Agreement.
"Web Application" means a mashup web-based application created using the API which is designed to access and use the Data.
- Use of the Site
- By using the Site, you warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this agreement and be bound by theTerms.
- By proceeding to to use or start building your own Web Application(s) using the API and the Data without completing the online registration process and accepting the terms of the Developer Agreement, you declare that you are not using the API and Data for any commercial purpose.
- We may suspend the Site for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades, and we shall not be liable to you for any such suspension.
- We may restrict access to some parts of the Site to Registered Developers only.
- We reserve the right to deny or restrict access to this Site or block access from a particular internet address to this Site, at any time without prior notice and without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
- This Site and its contents may be modified, deleted, edited or withdrawn by us at our absolute discretion at any time without prior notice.
- Non-exclusive licence
- You are granted a non-transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable, terminable at will licence to to access, view, download and print or otherwise use the Material for non-commercial use only, on terms as set out in these Terms:
- For the avoidance of doubt, except for acts caused through normal use as expressly permitted in Clause 3.1 above, you shall not:
store, download, archive, print, distribute, reproduce, copy, modify, edit, transmit, upload in any medium or incorporate into any other materials, any of the Site or the Material; or
remove, modify, alter or use any registered or unregistered trade marks/service marks/logos owned by us, and doing anything which may be seen to take unfair advantage of our reputation and goodwill or could be considered an infringement of any of the intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to us.
- Restriction on Use
You agree that you shall not use the Material to:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate or invade the legal rights (such as rights of privacy) of others;
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, defamatory, sexually explicit, unlawful or offensive content;
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes the intellectual property or any other rights of any third party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any other content, message, or communication prohibited by law;
- impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions or labels of the origin or source of any content;
- promote any illegal activities;
- promote information that you know to be deceptive, false or misleading;
- promote racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature; or
- infringe our intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party.
- Term and Termination
- These Terms shall remain in full force and effect while you are a user of the Site.
- We may, at any time and for any reason, forthwith terminate this agreement with you, and deny you access to the Site. If you fail to abide by these Terms, your right to use the Site will cease immediately and you agree that we may apply for injunctive relief and/or take any other action against you that we deem necessary.
- In the event of termination of this agreement for any reason, you must not attempt to make any use of the Site and must promptly destroy and/or permanently erase all copies of the Material in your possession, custody or control.
- Clauses 1, 2(c) to 2(f), 5(c), 6(a), 8 to 10 inclusive of these Terms, and all other provisions in these Terms that are intended to continue to apply after termination of this agreement, shall survive termination of this agreement for any reason, and shall be valid and enforceable against you.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- The Material and all other contents on this Site (collectively known as the "Contents"), including but not limited to information, text, graphics, images, music, sound recordings, scripts, software programs, technology, designs, data compilations, photographs, artwork, web pages and other information, data, software are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of intellectual property rights. All title to and rights and interest in the Contents are owned by or licensed to us.
- Links to/from our Site
- You may link to the Site's home page, provided you do so in a way that is not unlawful or illegal and does not damage our goodwill or reputation. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link:
- from any website which is not owned by you;
- from any website which does not comply in all respects with the content standards and restrictions set out in Clause 3;
- to any part of our Site other than the home page;
- to frame our Site or any part of the Material on any other Site.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. In such an event, you agree to remove the link from the website.
- This Site may contain hyperlinks to websites which are not maintained by us. We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of those websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in them. SLA has no control over and cannot guarantee the accessibility or proper functioning of those websites. Further, SLA shall not be liable to you or any third party for any damage or loss whatsoever arising from your access to those websites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to those websites are entirely at your own discretion and risk.
- Hyperlinks to other websites are provided for your convenience and may be removed or replaced by us at our absolute discretion. In no circumstances shall SLA be considered to be associated or affiliated in any manner whatsoever with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites to which this Site is hyperlinked.
- We reserve all rights to remove or disable without notice any hyperlinks to or any frames of this Site or the Contents, if those hyperlinks or frames are unauthorized or are on websites containing material or information which, in our opinion, is profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or otherwise objectionable, or violates any written law or is otherwise unlawful, or is an infringement of SLA's intellectual property or other proprietary rights, or in breach of these Terms.
- Warranties and Liabilities
- The Contents are provided on an "as is" and “as available” basis. We do not make any representations or warranties whatsoever and hereby disclaims all express, implied and statutory warranties of any kind to you or any third party, whether arising from usage or custom or trade or by operation of law or otherwise, including but not limited to the following :
- any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, timeliness, current-ness, quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the Contents of this Site; and
- any representations or warranties that the Contents and functions available on this Site shall be error-free or shall be available without interruption or delay, or that any defects on this Site shall be rectified or corrected, or that this Site, the Contents and the hosting servers are and will be free of all viruses and other harmful elements.
- We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any damage or loss whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect, punitive, special or consequential damages, loss of goodwill, loss of business resources, income, revenue or profits, lost or damaged data, or damage to your computer, software, modem, telephone or other property, arising directly or indirectly from:
- your access to or use of this Site;
- any loss of access to or use of this Site, howsoever caused;
- any inaccuracy or incompleteness in, or errors or omissions in the transmission of, the Contents;
- any delay or interruption in the transmission of the Contents on this Site, whether caused by delay or interruption in transmission over the internet or otherwise;
- any permanent or temporary cessation of this Site; or
- any decision made or action taken by you or any third party in reliance upon the Contents, regardless of whether SLA has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss.
- You expressly understand and agree that your use of this Site and the Contents is at your own discretion and risk.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in connection with the Site, the Contents.
- We committed to protecting the privacy of users of the Site and the confidentiality of the information provided to it by such users using the Site.
- We are the data controller of your data submitted using the Site.
- We reserve the right to gather information relating to the use of the Site. By using the Site, you consent to such collection and use of this information by us.
- You may print and keep a copy of these Terms, which form the entire agreement between you and us, and supersede any other term and condition that is not set out in these Terms.
- These Terms, their performance and this agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- You shall comply with all applicable foreign and local laws and regulations which apply to your use of the Site in whatever country you are physically located.
- If any term or condition under these Terms is declared void, illegal, or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms shall be valid and enforceable to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Any failure by SLA to enforce at any time any term or condition under these Terms shall not be considered a waiver of our right thereafter to enforce each and every term and condition of these Terms.
- A person or entity who is not a party to this agreement shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B, Singapore Statutes) to enforce any term of this agreement regardless of whether such person or entity has been identified by name, as a member of a class or as answering a particular description, nor is it intended that such person or entity not party to this agreement shall have any right to do so.